Hartland Wrestling News
2009 - 2010 News
Special Thank You to everyone that helped with the golf outing. It was a huge success.
Former Hartland Wrestlers Currently Wrestling In College
- 2007 Owen Wilkinson Lock Haven University (PA)
- 2007 Bryce Sopko Limeston College (SC)
- 2008 Jeremy Bommarito North Idaho College
- 2010 Nick Monitz University of Dubuque (IA)
- 2010 Nick McDiarmid Michigan State University
- 2010 Jeff Lopez Iowa Central
2nd Annual Hartland Wrestling/Volleyball Golf Outing
When: July 31st, 2010 - 2:00 PM
Where: The Majestic
Wrestlers share more than title - Hartland's McDiarmid, Fowlerville's Coon are county's best [4/9/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Rick Shepich]
Congratulations Nick McDiarmid - NHSCA Senior National Champion
McDiarmid wins national title [3/29/2010 - Daily Press & Argus]
Nick McDiarmid to Wrestle in National Finals. www.nhsca.com
Watch live Sunday, March 28 at 5PM on ESPN360.com.
Also airing delayed sometime next week on ESPNU.
CMU Team Camp 2 - July 14-17 - Cost: $355
More information to follow
Banquet - April 29 in High School Commons
More information to follow
Individual State Coverage:
Congratulations Hartland on Another Great Team Season!
Good Luck at Individual State!
- Quarterfinal pairings set for state team wrestling [2/22/2010 - Detroit News - David Goricki]
- Hartland qualifies 10 for state meet [2/21/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Rich Shepich]
- Congratulations Hartland - Regional Champions 9 Straight Years!
- Hartland sends 11 wrestlers to regional [2/14/2010 - Daily Press & Argus]
Congratulations Hartland - District Champions!
Congratulations Hartland for 10 straight (and 14 of the last 15) years as district champions!
- Ailing Howell falls in district - Also, Hartland, Brighton advance to team regionals [2/11/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Rich Shepich]
- First KLAA wrestling tourney deemed a success [2/11/2010 - Hometownlife.com - Brad Emons]
- Wrestlers begin districts - Quest for state titles begins tonight in Division 1 [2/10/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Rich Shepich]
- West is best on mat - Division has three of top five at KLAAs [2/8/2010 - Daily Press & Argus]
- Hartland wins KLAA wrestling [2/7/2010 - Daily Press & Argus]
Congratulations Hartland - KLAA Champions!
Congratulations Hartland for 10 straight (and 13 of the last 15) years as league champions!
- Congratulations Hartland - KLAA Lakes Conference Champions!
- Eagles wrestlers win KLAA title [2/3/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Tim Robinson]
- Hartland wrestlers win big at invite [1/31/2010 - Daily Press & Argus]
- Congratulations Hartland - KLAA West Champions!
- WRESTLING: Hartland the class of Wyandotte Invitational field [1/16/2010 - The News Herald - David Komer]
- 'Dogs, Eagles wrestlers roll - Both are 4-0 in KLAA West after wins over Pinckney, Milford [1/14/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Tim Robinson]
- Special Congratulations to Chase Snider on his 100th career win.
- Special Congratulations to Doug Baughman on his 150th career win.
- Howell, Eagles wrestlers roll - Both teams win double-duals by comfortable margins [1/7/2010 - Daily Press & Argus - Dan Strawser]
- Special Congratulations to Nick Monitz on his 150th career win.
- Rockford - Hartland - Wrestling [12/18/2009 - Grand Rapids Press - Cris Greer]
- Eagles rock competition at tourney - Hartland earns five titles [12/13/2009 - Daily Press & Argus - Rich Shepich]
Eagles Take 1st at 34th Annual Hartland Wrestling Tournament
Hartland raises nearly $2000 for Optimist Club Adopt-A-Family program through donations for assembly dual.
Bryce Sopko - Limestone College - Places 4th at Ohio Northern Open
Owen Wilkinson - Lock Haven University - Places 3rd at PSAC Championships
- Eagles, 'Dogs sweep wrestling quad [12/3/2009 - Daily Press & Argus]
Holiday Practice Schedule
All Practices 10:00am - 12:00pm
December 23, 28, 29, 30, and January 2
Bryce Sopko - Limestone College - finishes second at Pembroke Open.
Team Meeting Wednesday, November 4 at 2:30 in Coach Cheney's Room
Nutrition & Skinfold Meeting, November 11 at 2:30, Coach Cheney's Room
Parent Meeting, Monday, November 11 at 7:00 in Coach Cheney's room
First Practice, Monday, November 16 at 2:30 in Wrestling Room
Bottle Drive, Saturday, November 21 at 9:00 at the High School
The Hartland Wrestling Club will hold walk-in registration on WEDNESDAY,
OCTOBER 14th, 7 – 8:30 P.M. at THE ORE CREEK MIDDLE SCHOOL COMMONS AREA,
located inside the front door. This is the only in-person registration for
the season. You may also register by mail by submitting the forms located at
The forms and registration fee must be mailed to:
PO box 811
Hartland, MI 48353
post marked no later than 10/14/09. The registration fee is $85. An additional $50
check must also be submitted upon registration. – This check will not be cashed and
will be returned if parents work a minimum of 3 hours at our home tournament.
- 8th Annual Hartland Wrestling Golf Scramble - August 1, 2009
- Livingston County Wrestling Camp - Next Week - July 6th - 9th / 5:30-8:00pm
- Hartland finishes 7th at AAU Scholastic Duals
- Athlete of the Year: Kyle Summerfield of Hartland [6/17/2009 - Livingston Community News - Jason Deegan]
- Lagios, Summerfield share male State Bank honors [6/10/2009 - Tri-County Times - David Troppens]
- June 3 Team Meeting in Coach Cheney's room at 2:30 and physicals at HHS for $25 after.